Comments on Funding:
Funding under this component is the lesser of:
1. of the approved offer;
2. the final subsidy calculation plus the administration fee;
3. 75% of the total eligible budget;
The funding limits for the Tour Support component are as follows:
1. Artist 3: $35,000, of which a maximum of $20,000 can be spent on domestic touring and up to the full $35,000 can be spent on international touring.
2. Artist 2 and General (as a component of a sound recording or marketing project): $30,000, of which a maximum of $15,000 can be spent on domestic touring and up to the full $30,000 can be spent on international touring.
Recipient Accessibility Support Fund: FACTOR grant recipients are eligible for top-up support to their project funding of up to $5,000 each fiscal year, not to exceed $5,000 per project for costs related to accessibility. Eligible costs claimed under this fund will be reimbursed at 100%.
In addition, to complete the component and receive the final payment (if any), recipients must:
a) Submit proof of performance that each performance took place and was performed as contracted (eg. copy of the promoter’s settlement sheet or the booking agency’s final statement. These must indicate the date, city and venue and indicate the final payment received. Tour itineraries, posters and print ads will not be accepted as proof of performance; however, FACTOR may accept ticket stubs or media reviews on a case-by- case basis); and
b) If there is a change of personnel, you must indicate those changes in the Eligible Travelers tables in the Component Information section of your Completion and provide an explanation of the changes in the “variance” box within that section. You must also submit corresponding deal memos for any new eligible travelers.
Please ensure that you keep invoices, receipts, and proofs of payment for eligible costs.
All applications must include the Sound Recording component. Applicants may apply for any other component funding at the same time as the Sound Recording, or after the sound recording is approved.
Multiple, repeat repeat component applications are possible as appropriate for the project’s timeline, subject to the program or annual limits.
Other Things to Note:
1. Applicants are obligated as a condition of funding to include the appropriate logos and acknowledgment in all materials created in a FACTOR-funded project. Please review the Logo and Acknowledgment Guide for specific instructions. Remember, the failure to provide appropriate logos and acknowledgment could result in a loss of some or all your funding.
2. In 2022 the program guidelines for 2022-2023 were published April 2022.