Type of Program:
Funding under the Tour Support component assists Canadian artists by subsidizing a portion of the cost of touring in Canada and abroad.
Comments on Funding:
Funding under this component is calculated as 75% of the total eligible budget or the lesser of a. the approved offer or b. the final subsidy calculation plus Remote Communities Allowance (applicants may claim an additional airfare subsidy for any eligible travelers who reside in Canada in a Remote Community and who must fly out to work on the showcase) plus administration fee.
Recipient Accessibility Support Fund: FACTOR grant recipients are eligible for top-up support to their project funding of up to $5,000 each fiscal year, not to exceed $5,000 per project for costs related to accessibility. Eligible costs claimed under this fund will be reimbursed at 100%.
When It Ends:
In order to apply, the applicant must have a User Profile on FACTOR online system and reviewed and rated Applicant and Artist Profiles. Applications must be submitted at least one day prior to the start of the showcase or tour date, and no earlier than six months in advance.
- 1The applicant must provide notes on their goals and expected results, including a description of the tour, the artist’s commercial history, notable successes, and current opportunities in the territory being toured, along with confirmation that the tour dates have been booked.
- 2A signed agreement or deal memo for hired musicians and eligible crew must be submitted. It should set out at a minimum the names of the contracting parties, a description of the services to be provided, the rate of pay, and the dates for which the person is being hired. A Sample Deal Memo is available on the FACTOR website.
- 3Recipients must still complete and submit all other sections of the Completion (including Results, Component Information and Public Funding).
- 4In addition, to complete the component and receive the final payment (if any), recipients must
- 5In addition to the above, a cost report and supporting expense documentation are required upon Completion for virtual Tour components. Please refer to FACTOR’s Virtual Performances Guide for more information.
- 6Applicants who prefer to have FACTOR pay certain suppliers directly may submit up to three Letters of Direction.
For in-person Tour components approved after April 1, 2020, a cost report and supporting expense documentation do not need to be submitted upon Completion. However, FACTOR reserves the right to request this information and perform a full or partial audit after reviewing the Completion. Failure to comply could result in a lowered offer or default status in the FACTOR system. Please ensure that you keep invoices, receipts, and proofs of payment for eligible costs.
Other Things to Note:
- 1Applicants are obligated as a condition of funding to include the appropriate logos and acknowledgment in all materialscreated in a FACTOR-funded project. Please review the Logo and Acknowledgment Guide for specific instructions. Remember, the failure to provide appropriate logos and acknowledgment could result in a loss of some or all their funding.
- 2Program guidelines for 2021-2022 were published in May 2021.