Type of Program:
Funding under the Showcase component assists Canadian artists by subsidizing a portion of the cost of showcasing in Canada and abroad. Funding must be used to support a performance for a target audience of music industry professionals.
Comments on Funding:
Funding under this component is at 75% of the total eligible budget or the lesser of a. the approved offer or b. the final subsidy calculation plus administration fee. The funding limit for the Showcase component is $7,500 per artist of which a maximum of $5,000 can be spent on domestic showcasing and up to the full $7,500 on international showcasing, across all programs. This means that regardless of what program you apply under, or which Applicant applies, the amount of Showcase funding available for the artist will not exceed $7,500 in each FACTOR fiscal year.
Funding under the MPN program is a grant of up to $20,000, plus up to $5,000 in the Radio Marketing component.
Recipient Accessibility Support Fund: FACTOR grant recipients are eligible for top-up support to their project funding of up to $5,000 each fiscal year, not to exceed $5,000 per project for costs related to accessibility. Eligible costs claimed under this fund will be reimbursed at 100%.
When It Ends:
Non-Canadian music companies, including major labels, are not eligible to apply.
Before you can apply, you must have a reviewed and rated Applicant Profile in the FACTOR system, and access to the reviewed and rated Artist Profile in the FACTOR system. Please go to the How to Apply page on the FACTOR website for instructions on creating and sharing profiles, followed by how to submit an application.
- 1Applicants must provide specific details as to the strategic merits of the showcase in the Goals section of the application (a list of industry personnel whom he invited to the showcase, including their name, title and company).
- 2Showcase confirmation (such as an official invitation or a performance contract) must be included with the application.
- 3A signed agreement or deal memo for hired musicians and eligible crew must be submitted. It should set out at a minimum the names of the contracting parties, a description of the services to be provided, the rate of pay, and the dates for which the person is being hired. A Sample Deal Memo is available on the FACTOR website.
- 4Recipients must still complete and submit all other sections of the Completion (including Results, ComponentInformation and Public Funding).
- 5In addition, to complete the component and receive the final payment (if any),recipients must:
- 6In addition to the above, a cost report and supporting expense documentation are required upon Completion for virtual Showcase components. Please refer to FACTOR’s Virtual Performances Guide for more information.
- 7Applicants who prefer to have FACTOR pay certain suppliers directly may submit up to three Letters of Direction.
For in-person Showcase components approved after April 1, 2020, a cost report and supporting expense documentation do not need to be submitted upon Completion. However, FACTOR reserves the right to request this information and perform a full or partial audit after reviewing the Completion. Failure to comply could result in a lowered offer or default status in the FACTOR system. Please ensure that you keep invoices, receipts, and proofs of payment for eligible costs.
Other Things to Note:
- 1Applicants are obligated as a condition of funding to include the appropriate logos and acknowledgment in all materials created in a FACTOR-funded project. Please review the Logo and Acknowledgment Guide for specific instructions. Remember, the failure to provide appropriate logos and acknowledgment could result in a loss of some or all your funding.
- 2Program guidelines for 2021-2022 were published in May 2021.