Comments on Funding:
For each claim period, applicants can claim eligible expenses up to a maximum of:
- $75,000 per business location (base and top-up),
- $300,000 in total for all locations (including any amounts claimed by affiliated entities). It applies to the base subsidy only and there is no maximum for the top-up subsidy.
The rent subsidy is calculated taking into account the revenue drop as follows:
- for a revenue drop of 70% or more, the maximum subsidy rate is 65%;
- for a revenue drop of 50 to 70%, calculated as: (the applicant’s revenue drop – 50%) x 1.25 + 40%;
- for a revenue drop of less than 50%, calculated as: 0.8 x the applicant’s revenue drop.
In addition to the rent subsidy rate, applicants can receive a lockdown support amount for certain locations affected by public health restrictions. CERS top-up (lockdown support) rate is 25% on lockdown, calculated as:
- 25% (fixed top-up rate) X timesdays the location was locked down due to the COVID-19 pandemic : (divided by) 28 (the days in the CERS period) equals the applicant’s top-up (lockdown support) rate.
- have had a CRA business number on September 27, 2020, or
- have had a payroll account on March 15, 2020, or another person or partnership made payroll remittances on their behalf, or
- have purchased the business assets of another person or partnership who meets condition b above, and have made an election under the special asset acquisition rules, or
- meet other prescribed conditions that might be introduced (there are no prescribed conditions at this time).
confirm that the claim period they are applying for is open and that they have completed the calculations (subsidy amount), before they apply.
submit a separate application for each claim period they are eligible for. An application must be filed no later than 180 days after the end of the claim period.
You must submit a separate application for each claim period you are eligible for. An application must be filed no later than 180 days after the end of the claim period.
There are 2 ways to apply:
Supporting for the revenue drop documents include:
- sales journal,
- general ledger,
- evenue amounts,
- working paper calculations.
Supporting documents for the eligible expenses include:
- rental or lease agreements,
- property tax bills,
- insurance documents,
- mortgage documents (provincial land title or property abstract, or title number, legal description, or other property identifying numbers such as: parcel identifier number (PID), land identifier numerical codes (LINC), property identification number (PIN), mortgage registration number),
- bank statements,
- receipts or other proof of payment.
Effective: September 27, 2020, to October 23, 2021.
Date modified: 2021-12-21 – Source