Type of Program:
ICTC’s WIL Digital is an innovative Work Integrated Learning program that helps employers grow their businesses by providing financial assistance for hiring post-secondary students.
ICTC’s WIL Digital supports Canadian businesses that offer student work placements within the Digital Economy
Comments on Funding:
Funding is a subsidy of 75% of the student’s salary, up to $7,500.
Payment of the subsidy funding is made 4 weeks after payroll information has been received and processed.
ICTC also offers an optional mid-point payment for 75% of paid wages. 8 weeks` worth of pay stubs (or half of the placement period) is required to be submitted.
When It Ends:
Employer eligibility criteria
Student (regardless of age) eligibility criteria:
The employer must identify a student they would like to hire.
Employers go to https://ictc-ctic.smapply.ca/acc/l/, create an account and start their application. The student will recieve an invitation via email from firstname.lastname@example.org to complete his/her side of the application.
Student(s) completes the application form with supporting documentation.
Application is submitted to ICTC for review and feedback.
The application for funding must have started with ICTC before the student placement start date.
Applicants must submit
- 1the signed contract with ICTC on their application system;
- 2a Learning Plan to ICTC. The Learning Plan form is filled out by the employer (supervisor) together with the student in the employer`s profile.
- 3complete the final evaluations (separately) within the last two (2) weeks of the work placement;
- 4at the end of the placement the below payroll records (First and Last Statement of Earnings for contract period):
Other Things to Note:
Effective immediately, until March 31st, 2022, ICTC’s COVID-19 flexibility measures are:
- 1Increased wage subsidy of 75% of the student’s salary up to $7,500;
- 2“Net new” requirement has been removed;
- 3Post-secondary institutions may apply as employers;
- 4Flexible start and end dates;
- 5Remote placements are now eligible;
- 6Mid-point payment available during placement.