Comments on Funding:
There is no direct funding involved. The Government provides a six-month interest- and penalty-free period to make payments for most provincially administered taxes.
- Employer Health Tax;
- Beer, Wine & Spirits Taxes;
- Tobacco Tax;
- Insurance Premium Tax;
- Fuel Tax;
- International Fuel Tax Agreement;
- Gas Tax;
- Retail Sales Tax on Insurance Contracts & Benefit Plans;
- Mining Tax;
- Race Tracks Tax.
Other Things to Note:
- The six-month period will begin on January 1, 2022 and end on July 1, 2022.
- This measure will provide up to $7.5 billion in relief to help approximately 80,000 Ontario businesses.