Comments on Funding:
Funding covers the cost of a new hire’s salary by 80% to a maximum of $25,000/yr or $32,000/yr for youth furthest from employment.
The wages for this position must not be funded by another federally-funded program like IRAP, Mitacs, etc.
- Indigenous-led organizations;
- bio-economy and green companies;
- not-for-profit organizations in biotechnology and nonbiotechnology;
- small industry organizations (more than 5, less than 99 employees);
- medium industry organizations (more than 100, less than 500 employees);
- large industry organizations (more than 500 employees);
- micro industry organizations (less than 5 employees);
- municipal, provincial or territory government;
- grant advisors/funding consultants;
- industry associations/ Accelerators;
- industry service providers
- utility organizations.
- energy (including Clean Energy);
- forestry; c
- mining, minerals, and metals;
- Earth sciences and support;
- other natural resources sectors;
complete and submit the Participant Information Form (PIF). If applicants need to fill a position, they can post their job opening on The PetriDishTM job board.
complete an Employer Application Form (included in the application package) including the annual salary (e.g. 52 weeks) for the position;
submit a brief company description and a description of the intended participant’s position, showing a focus in the natural resources sector;
submit a formal Learning Plan, this can be submitted after the application but must be submitted in the first week of the placement;
submit all completed forms to Mary Carr at email@example.com. Signatures must be digitally dated and time stamped or hand written. A typed signature in cursive font is not accepted.
If the application is accepted, BioTalent Canada will draft a Placement Contract (electronic contract via PandaDocs) to be signed by the employer, participant and BioTalent Canada.
Applicants must submit:
- the participant’s resume;
- a brief company description;
- a description of the intended participant’s position;
- a formal Learning Plan.
Other Things to Note:
Program forms were updated in July 2021.