Type of Program:
The Science and Technology Internship Program – Green Jobs covers the cost of a new hire’s salary by 80% to a maximum of $25,000/yr or $32,000/yr for youth furthest from employment.
Furthest from employment is defined as:
- 1Indigenous youth;
- 2youth with disabilities;
- 3placements in the North (Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut);
- 4rural communities (a population of fewer than 5,000 people and a population density of fewer than 400 people per square kilometer); and
- 5remote communities (a permanent or long-term (5 years or more) settlement with at least ten dwellings that does not have year-round road access).
Comments on Funding:
Funding covers the cost of a new hire’s salary by 80% to a maximum of $25,000/yr or $32,000/yr for youth furthest from employment.
The wages for this position must not be funded by another federally-funded program like IRAP, Mitacs, etc.
When It Ends:
complete and submit the Participant Information Form (PIF). If applicants need to fill a position, they can post their job opening on The PetriDishTM job board.
provide a resume of the participant;
complete an Employer Application Form (included in the application package) including the annual salary (e.g. 52 weeks) for the position;
submit a brief company description and a description of the intended participant’s position, showing a focus in the natural resources sector;
submit a formal Learning Plan, this can be submitted after the application but must be submitted in the first week of the placement;
submit all completed forms to Mary Carr at email@example.com. Signatures must be digitally dated and time stamped or hand written. A typed signature in cursive font is not accepted.
If the application is accepted, BioTalent Canada will draft a Placement Contract (electronic contract via PandaDocs) to be signed by the employer, participant and BioTalent Canada.
Applicants must submit:
- 1the participant's resume;
- 2a brief company description;
- 3a description of the intended participant’s position;
- 4a formal Learning Plan.
Other Things to Note:
Program forms were updated in July 2021.