Comments on Funding:
Funding covers 75% of a participant’s salary up to a maximum of $20,000.
- Indigenous-led organizations;
- bio-economy and green companies;
- not-for-profit organizations in biotechnology and nonbiotechnology;
- small industry organizations (more than 5, less than 99 employees);
- medium industry organizations (more than 100, less than 500 employees);
- large industry organizations (more than 500 employees);
- micro industry organizations (less than 5 employees);
- municipal, provincial or territory government;
- grant advisors/funding consultants;
- industry associations/ Accelerators;
- industry service providers;
- utility organizations.
complete and submit the Participant Information Form (PIF). If applicants need to fill a position, they can post their job opening on The PetriDishTM job board.
complete an Employer Eligibility Assessment Form (included in the application package) including the annual salary (e.g. 52 weeks) for the position;
submit all completed forms with supporting documentation to Ewaen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Signatures must be digitally dated and time stamped or hand written. A typed signature in cursive font is not accepted.
If the application is accepted, BioTalent Canada will draft a Placement Contract (electronic contract via PandaDocs) to be signed by the employer, participant and BioTalent Canada.
Applicants must submit:
- the participant’s resume;
- a brief company description
- a description of the intended participant’s position;
- a formal Learning Plan;
- monthly financial claims, progress reports, and data upon request.
Other Things to Note:
Program forms were updated in December 2021.
The Skilled Newcomer Internships for the Bio-economy is now accepting applications.