Comments on Funding:
Funding is a wage or hiring subsidy.
To be eligible for a wage or hiring subsidy, applicants must meet:
Applicants may only apply for one wage or hiring subsidy per claim period, even if they are eligible for more than one.
Applicants must meet both of these criteria to be eligible for any subsidy:
I. had a CRA payroll account on March 15, 2020. Even if they didn’t have a payroll account on March 15, they may still qualify if:
II. be one of the following types of employers:
- non-profit organizations;
- agricultural organizations;
- boards of trade;
- chambers of commerce;
- non-profit corporations for scientific research and experimental development;
- labour organizations or societies;
- benevolent or fraternal benefit societies or orders.
- certain Indigenous government-owned corporations that carry on a business;
- partnerships consisting of eligible employers and certain Indigenous governments;
- registered Canadian amateur athletic associations;
- registered journalism organizations;
- private schools or private colleges, and
- partnerships where at least 50% of the fair market value of all interests in the partnership are held by eligible employers throughout the claim period.
Public institutions are not eligible for the subsidies.
This includes municipalities and local governments, Crown corporations, public universities, colleges and schools, and hospitals.
Additional CRHP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- All types of employers who are eligible for the wage subsidy are eligible for CRHP, except some for-profit corporations and partnerships. For-profit corporation, must be either:
- If applicants are a partnership, at least 50% of the fair market value of the partnership’s interests must be held (directly or indirectly) by employers eligible for the CRHP throughout the claim period.
- Claim period revenue drop required:
submit only one application for each claim period they are eligible for, even if they have more than one RP account.
use one of the three ways to apply:
✔ In My Business Account, find the wage subsidy applications under Payroll in the main menu.
✔ Business representatives may apply using Represent a Client. Note: Only representatives authorized at Level 2 or 3 will be able to apply with a completed attestation form.
✔ If neither is an option for applicants, they may use the Web Forms application using their web access code (WAC).