Comments on Funding:
Funding is a wage or hiring subsidy.
To be eligible for a wage or hiring subsidy, applicants must meet:
Applicants may only apply for one wage or hiring subsidy per claim period, even if they are eligible for more than one.
Applicants must meet both of these criteria to be eligible for any subsidy:
I. had a CRA payroll account on March 15, 2020. Even if they didn’t have a payroll account on March 15, they may still qualify if:
- another person or partnership made remittances on their behalf, or
- they purchased all (or almost all) of another person’s or partnership’s business assets.
II. be one of the following types of employers:
- non-profit organizations;
- agricultural organizations;
- boards of trade;
- chambers of commerce;
- non-profit corporations for scientific research and experimental development;
- labour organizations or societies;
- benevolent or fraternal benefit societies or orders.
- certain Indigenous government-owned corporations that carry on a business;
- partnerships consisting of eligible employers and certain Indigenous governments;
- registered Canadian amateur athletic associations;
- registered journalism organizations;
- private schools or private colleges, and
- partnerships where at least 50% of the fair market value of all interests in the partnership are held by eligible employers throughout the claim period.
Public institutions are not eligible for the subsidies. This includes municipalities and local governments, Crown corporations, public universities, colleges and schools, and hospitals.
Additional HHBRP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- They have a 12-month average revenue drop from March 2020 to February 2021 of at least 50%.
- They have a claim period revenue drop of at least 50%.
Applicants must submit a separate application for each claim period they are eligible for, and for each payroll (RP) account they have.
The THRP and the HHBRP also include a rent subsidy. If applicants are eligible to apply for both a wage subsidy and a rent subsidy, they must apply for them separately.
Applicants must use one of the three ways to apply:
✔ In My Business Account, find the wage subsidy applications under Payroll in the main menu.
✔ Business representatives may apply using Represent a Client. Note: Only representatives authorized at Level 2 or 3 will be able to apply with a completed attestation form.
✔ If neither is an option for applicants, they may use the Web Forms application using their web access code (WAC).
Other Things to Note:
Many of the eligibility and calculation rules for the wage subsidy under the THRP and the HHBRP are the same as they were for the CEWS.
Effective: October 24, 2021, to May 7, 2022