Comments on Funding:
Funding is 80% of participant’s compensation to a maximum of $25,000 for job-ready youth and $32,000 for youth furthest from employment (Indigenous youth, youth in northern regions, rural and remote communities and youth with disabilities).
- not-for-profit organizations (including voluntary organizations and foundations),
- for-profit organizations,
- ndigenous organizations (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities),
- provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments, and their departments, agencies, institutions and Crown Corporations, where applicable,
- public health, educational and cultural organizations.
complete and submit an application (available at MiHR.ca) seeking eligibility to email@example.com.. Applicants who qualify as an eligible hiring organization and whose placement meets the eligibility criteria will be contacted within 10 days of submitting the application.
have their company and the job-ready youth complete all necessary paperwork and the Gender Equity in Mining Works and Intercultural Awareness Training modules (available online, provided by MiHR);
provide documentation and invoice for payment of the placement subsidy of 80% up to a maximum of $25,000 for job-ready youth and $32,000 for youth furthest from employment (Indigenous youth, youth in northern regions, rural and remote communities, and youth with disabilities);
complete the post-placement questionnaire to provide feedback on your Green Jobs placement experience.
Employers must provide the following information on their application:
- a detailed job description,
- training plan,
- recruitment plan, and
- participant compensation costs including: participant wages, MERC’s (e.g., EI, CPP, vacation pay) as well as training and placement related costs.
Applicants must provide documentation and invoice for payment of the placement subsidy.
Other Things to Note:
- Funding for this initiative is provided by the Government of Canada through Natural Resources Canada’s Green Jobs – Science and Technology Internship Program. MiHR was selected as a delivery organization through a competitive process to engage 20 job-ready youth in placements by March 31, 2023.
- MiHR will provide 20 meaningful placements of up to 12 months in duration in the mining sector linked to the green economy.