Comments on Funding:
Funding is a wage subsidy of up to 80%, to a maximum of:
- $23,250 per placement for all types of green positions in natural resources, including STEM;
- $32,000 for Youth Furthest from Employment (YFE).
Up to $2,000 per placement and up to $5,000 for YFE is available for training and support.
Employers must provide new jobs for youth in the natural resources sector, particularly in the fields of energy, forestry, mining, earth sciences and clean technologies. All internships must be new recruits (some exceptions may apply).
Other Things to Note:
- Internships with UNA-Canada will end March 2022. There is no deadline to apply, however there is limited funding.
- Additional funding is available for training and may be available for accommodations. Contact the Project Officer or Regional Coordinator in your areas for more details.
- The program is supported by Natural Resources Canada.