Comments on Funding:
Funding is a wage subsidy of up to 80%, to a maximum of:
- $22,000 for Job Ready Youth;
- $25,000 for Youth from Employment Equity Groups (YEE);
- $32,000 for Youth Furthest from Employment (YFE).
Only one placement per employer.
Employers must provide new jobs for youth in the natural resources sector, particularly in the fields of energy, forestry, mining, earth sciences and clean technologies. All internships must be new recruits (some exceptions may apply).
Other Things to Note:
- The United Nations Association (UNA) in Canada is Natural Resources Canada’s delivery partner.
- The last day of placement funding will be on January 31st, 2023. Exceptions may apply. There is no deadline to apply, however there is limited funding.
- Additional funding is available for training and may be available for accommodations. Contact the Project Officer or Regional Coordinator in your areas for more details.
- The program is supported by Natural Resources Canada.