The United Nations Association (UNA) in Canada – Canada Green Corps: Science Horizons (SH)
Science Horizons is a wage subsidy programme for employers that begins or elevates the careers for youth in Canada in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields. Science Horizons (SH) is dedicated to breaking down barriers for youth in Canada who are un or underemployed.
Comments on Funding:
- Funding is up to 80% wage subsidies and up to $20,000.
- All placements must be in a STEM field and protect the environment and/or the adoption of clean technology, but the position itself can be a non-STEM job.
- Wrap-around Services are available up to $5,000, including:
- Training and Skills Development;
- Childcare/Family Care;
- Additional Supports.
Employers must provide full-time employment (30+ hours per week) for youth in STEM who are un or underemployed.
Other Things to Note:
- The United Nations Association (UNA) in Canada is Environment and Climate Change Canada’s delivery partner.
- They are actively accepting applications! There is no deadline to apply, however there is limited funding
- The program is undertaken with the financial support of Environment and Climate Change Canada.
When It Ends: