Comments on Funding:
- Funding is up to 80% wage subsidies and up to $20,000.
- All placements must be in a STEM field and protect the environment and/or the adoption of clean technology, but the position itself can be a non-STEM job.
- Wrap-around Services are available up to $5,000, including:
- Training and Skills Development;
- Childcare/Family Care;
- Additional Supports.
Employers must provide full-time employment (30+ hours per week) for youth in STEM who are un or underemployed.
Other Things to Note:
- The United Nations Association (UNA) in Canada is Environment and Climate Change Canada’s delivery partner.
- They are actively accepting applications! There is no deadline to apply, however there is limited funding
- The program is undertaken with the financial support of Environment and Climate Change Canada.