Comments on Funding:
Funding for Master’s:
- for 18 months – total research award $40,000, minimum intern stipend $30,000 ($20,000/year), partner organization contribution $18,000.
- for 24 months – total research award $53,333, minimum intern stipend $40,000 ($20,000/year), partner organization contribution $24,000.
Funding for PhD:
- for 36 months – total research award $80,000, minimum intern stipend $60,000 ($20,000/year), partner organization contribution $36,000.
- for 48 months – total research award $106,666, minimum intern stipend $80,000 ($20,000/year), partner organization contribution $48,000.
The applicant must:
A complete internship application package must include the following:
- The proposal completed and signed by all parties in Word format:
- Intern(s) CV (Any format is allowed. A CV template is available on the Mitacs website);
- Lead Academic Supervisor’s CV for each participating academic institution only for projects with 6+ IUs (CCV as per Tri-Council or other CV format);
- Accelerate budget and invoicing schedule (Excel spreadsheet);
- Any supplementary documents (as applicable).
Completing their internship – Deliverables for projects with Canadian participants only:
- Final report template [pdf];
- Exit survey from the intern (survey link will be emailed within the first month of completion of the internship);
- Exit survey from the professor (survey link will be emailed within the first month of completion of the project);
- Exit survey from the partner organization (survey link will be emailed within the first month of completion of the project).
Other Things to Note:
Accelerate Fellowship training activities are centered on two themes: Project planning and implementation and Strengthened communication and relationship building with partners. With each training activity, interns can develop skills, knowledge, and tools in alignment with the training themes. Because these skills are applicable to research projects, all participants will see improved results.
Training is nationally standardized and accessible across Canada through virtual coaching, webinars, online learning, and, in select cities, in-person workshops.