Comments on Funding:
Funding starts at $ 15,000 and the financial contribution of the partner organization starts at $ 7,500.
Eligibility criteria for businesses:
Municipalities and hospitals in Canada are also eligible to apply.
Eligibility criteria for students:
Eligibility criteria for postdocs:
Eligibility criteria for professors:
What happens next:
A complete internship application package must include the following:
- The proposal completed and signed by all parties in Word format:
- Intern(s) CV (Any format is allowed. A CV template is available on the Mitacs website);
- Lead Academic Supervisor’s CV for each participating academic institution only for projects with 6+ IUs (CCV as per Tri-Council or other CV format);
- Accelerate budget and invoicing schedule (Excel spreadsheet);
- Any supplementary documents (as applicable).
Completing their internship – Deliverables for projects with Canadian participants only:
- Final report template [pdf];
- Exit survey from the intern (survey link will be emailed within the first month of completion of the internship);
- Exit survey from the professor (survey link will be emailed within the first month of completion of the project);
- Exit survey from the partner organization (survey link will be emailed within the first month of completion of the project).
Other Things to Note:
Mitacs partners with provincial and federal government partners to deliver its suite of programs, as well as Canadian universities.